Sunday, February 1, 2009

The New Year

First of all, I'd like to say I hope your new year is a prosperous one!

It's been too long since I've posted on here! I'm going to make that one of my New Years resolutions to keep you all updated on how we're doing at least once a month. We're adjusting really well to our new home. New Bern is a very charming place and the people here are unbelievably nice! My cheeks hurt from smiling at people I pass all day long. Ikaika is liking his new job. He'll have to post on here more about it. :) I am loving my new job. For those who don't know, I've taken a job as a nurse in the emergency department at Craven Regional Medical Center. I have had nothing but fun since I've started & met nothing short of amazing people! The hospital staff are all very friendly and know each other by name. It's a totally different feel from Charlotte where people didn't even smile at you in the hall. Here, they stop you to meet you and see how you are. Ok, enough about work!
Carter is getting so big now! He's crawling everywhere and starting to pull up. He's becoming a real handful! But, he's getting to be so much fun! He'll be 9 months old tomorrow.. I can't believe he's going to be 1 soon! Time really does go by fast. We're planning on having a Luau for his first birthday and EVERYONE is invited. It's here at our house in New Bern & we have plenty of room for you all to stay. :) For those of you who can't come.. we'll be streaming it online on Skype. If you have a webcam, you can set up an account on there for free and chat with us through videos anytime.
We're really enjoying our new life here in New Bern & wish you all were here! We miss you TERRIBLY and will see you all soon! Our next big purchase is our tickets to come to Hawaii to visit! :) I can't wait! Love you!

No comments: